The initial step will be to first obtain the correct kind of interfacing that is perfect for you kind of interfacing fabric. Mostly these instructions will be on the rear of the pattern envelope which you bought. Should you be creating your personal patterns in your house, it will be better to first test what interfacing will work on the kind of fabric you will be using. You merely need a small component of fabric and measure a block, fuse the piece and measure it again to find out what the different shrinkage was.
Now in my opinion that may be doing sewing both at home and like a hobby I don’t have a fusing press or fusing machine similar to most clothing manufactures have. I still have to use to old reliable way in which worked for me.
The equipment that you just would need is definitely the following:
3. Correct interfacing
I realize others make use of more equipment having said that i have used this technique for several years and do not had any problems.
Steps to adhere to:
1. Reduce your patterns items of the material and interfacing. Many people will advise that you cutout you interfacing smaller compared to you interlining fabric then when you steam iron it, it won’t adhere to your cloth or ironing board. That depends on you, you will know best how accurate you work.
2. Make certain before ironing the various components together that the glue dotted side are facing an unacceptable side from the fabric. This is quite important part as if you iron the various components together and it’s a bad sides it very difficult to eliminate the interfacing again, probably also depend upon the type of interfacing and glue.
3. Place a cloth over the parts and be sure you iron is hot. I stumbled upon that steam doesn’t always work efficiently therefore i just use a small amount of steam setting in the iron. I utilize a cloth as a fabbric iron can leave shiny marks on non woven fusible interfacing and also you don’t want that.
4. When pressing the iron in addition to the cloth make it for a couple of seconds on the very same spot before moving onto another section. In addition, i do small sections at any given time regardless of how small the parts are.
5. After ironing the various components let it rest to cool down for any bit before making use of it to go on sewing your garment. I believe it is advisable to fuse every one of the interfacing parts prior to actually start sewing the garment.